Are you putting away your swim suits and getting out your sweaters? Are your umbrellas at the front door ready to go?
Here at the Lazy Bowen Hideaway and the Lazy B Waterfront Suite our community is getting ready to put our summertime dock into safe harbour later this month....the end of September is coming too soon.
To learn more about our Vacation rentals visit our web site www.LazyBowenHideaway.com
But with the end of the summer season comes the exciting Storm Season. The Hideaway and Suite are poised on the perfect viewing cliff to watch the storms come straight at the property. Whether the rain tapping a tune on the roof or the wind driven waves crashing on the beach below the rhythmic harmony will lull you into another world of ahhhh-ness. (Same as: be lazy, do nothing, relaxation only, please).
What to do when it is pouring outside?
Lucky for you we have a 8 Rainy Day ideas……………………….
|October - April sink into the sofa and relax in front of the fire at the Lazy Bowen Hideaway|
1) Light a fire in our wood burning fireplace in the Hideaway or in the wood stove in the Waterfront Suite. It’s not needed to heat the rooms (we have modern conveniences such as baseboard heaters) but it sure adds that “away from it all - put your feet up” ambiance. We allow fires October through April and supply enough wood for your evening fire.
|FREE NETFLIX included with the Lazy Bowen Hideaway|
2) Watch a movie or 20 on our flat screen TVS. Both the Hideaway and the Waterfront Suite are supplied with an abundance of Classic VHS movies and popular DVDs. You can also rent movies at the Bowen Village Video store located at the corner of Miller road and Trunk road by the First Credit Union. The Hideaway 55” smart TV offers Netflix. Your stay is the perfect time to binge watch without having the early work wake up call.
3) Family board games and puzzles abound--------sit around the table and quietly fit this piece to that piece, corners and straight edges first……….the perfect “think about nothing” activity. Or if you fancy yourself a great speller start up a game of Scrabble. We also have Yahtzee, cribbage, cards, and many other games……. I just can’t remember them all. I don’t know about you but one of my best memories is the family playing a game of Hearts around the dining room table on a stormy rainy night…………Maybe you can have that memory too?
|Head to the Bowen Island Library to check out a book or buy a used book.|
|10 x 4 foot granite counter and convection oven great for prepping and baking|
5) A good time to get your Christmas baking done. The all-new kitchen in the Lazy BowenHideaway is perfect for baking in our new convection ovens. The NEW Whirlpool convection oven plus the Micro Convection means you can fill the Hideaway with the sweet scents of cookies and cakes. While you are baking up a “storm” you can gaze out the south facing windows watching the ferries and ships sail by………anticipating the next lightning strike. The large 10 x 4 foot granite island allows for a huge mess…..stuff everywhere……..and then………BOOM……….clean up is easy (we have a new dishwasher). Oh and I forgot to mention……..the kitchen has many levels of lighting from bright task to ambient mood lighting……..you will love it!!
|Newly renovated kitchen with dishwasher, filtered water, 2 convection ovens|
6) MAXIMIZE YOUR RELAXATION WITH AN IN-SUITE MASSAGE. Can you imagine a 60 or 90 minute in-suite massage by a certified Registered Massage Therapist? No driving required. All you have to do is slowly roll off the table and then sit and immerse yourself in the complete satisfaction that you have just been healed. This little dynamo, Jenni Griffiths is so tuned into your needs that 60 minutes just won’t be long enough…………90 minutes is heaven. Let her know if you want a deep massage or a relaxation massage………guaranteed she will make you and your body happy. Schedule with Jenni Griffiths of Cedar Room Massage Therapy
|Lazy B Waterfront Suite NEW covered seaside deck|
7) Defy the Rain and sit outside on our NEW waterfront deck............You are covered. We love (and our guests love) our NEW Lazy B Waterfront Suite covered seaside deck with comfortable furnishings. Wrap up in a throw, grab a cup of hot Joe and immerse yourself in the fresh air, crashing waves, and nature all around. Bet you can't do this in the city!!!
|Lazy B Waterfront Suite queen bed with gel topper and a GREAT sea view|
8) BONUS SUGGESTION …….. Oh heck...........just Stay in bed and curl up in the NEW Stearns and Foster mattress from Hudson Bay* If you can stay awake surf the net (we have FREE Wi-Fi), watch TV and just do nothing………. It is appropriately called the Lazy Bowen Hideaway and the Lazy B Waterfront Suite for a reason………….we give you permission to enjoy the peaceful, gentle patter of rain and the freshly cleansed air. *(lazy bowen hideaway seaside bedroom only.)
|Lazy Bowen Hideaway master bedroom with new Stearns and Foster mattress and sea view|
Learn more about the Lazy Bowen Hideaway and the Lazy B Waterfront Suite
at our web site: WWW.LAZYBOWENHIDEAWAY.COM
Be sure to follow the Lazy Bowen Hideaway and the Lazy B Waterfront Suite on our Facebook page.